This is a specifically designed course for language teachers who want to update their own English skills with a native speaker and upgrade their language lessons by implementing tablets/phones (ICT), new pedagogical ideas, e-testing and creative learning methods.
An Erasmus+ KA1 training course for teachers of the English language. Upgrade & update your language lessons by acquiring new skills with a native speaker in London (cancelled in 2019) and Helsinki. Would you like to obtain new ideas as well as share your own experiences regarding how to plan and organize language lessons? These courses are there to update your pedagogical approach. Let the learners be more creative in their own learning processes.
Are you looking for new ideas on how to implement ICT (tablets & smartphones) into your language lessons? You learn to know more about learning games. You will be more comfortable in using ICT in listening comprehension exercises and vocabulary tests.
If these are your interests, you should join us!
Let us upgrade & update your skills and your language lessons! Let’s gain new skills and update pedagogical and cultural knowledge too. Together we can change the way how to teach.
English language teachers on all school levels from primary to adult education, both mainstream and vocational.
Main topics of this course
- Learn more ICT skills – apps for teaching languages
- Use creative learning tools and update your pedagogical approach
- Implement ICT, tablets and smart phones into your lessons
- Find new exam, listening comprehension and vocabulary test tools
- Activate your learners by using learning games – make learning fun
- Update your own English – incl. private talks with a native speaker
- How to activate learners to speak – what would a native speaker do?
- Get tips on how to update your own lessons – reflection talks
- English culture and study visits
Methodology of the course
- Gain More Knowledge of English Language and Culture – Native talks & Pronunciation
- ICT: Tablets or/and Smart Phones in English Lessons – New Ideas and Best Practices
- Language & culture
- Sharing ideas, games, ICT (inc. tablets, smartphones)
- Pedagogical methods
- Activate, Creative learning
English matters. The courses aim to deliver new ideas and to show better ways to implement tablets into everyday teaching and learning, as well as making you more confident in the way you use and speak English.(Even language teachers need to update their English skills from time to time). With us you will acquire new learning games, teaching tools, apps or ‘know-how’ in order to deliver lessons in easier ways. These are the achievable goals and all delivered in a wonderful atmosphere!
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
For practical information go to another page
Language teachers’ Erasmus training
Main organiser / trainer
The course is provided by Euneos Corp., the Finnish Erasmus+ course provider.
The local organiser is the Finnish Summer School Company piTRY Education & TRYcamps .
Mr. Petri Ilmonen, Founder & Director, TRYcamps
Mrs. Tup Bertley, Native ESL-Teacher, Head Teacher
Apply / Contact
Euneos OID code E10124150
NB! More information about possible changes http://www.trycamps.fi/teachers/courses/londonforadults/
24 – 30 April 2022
25 Sept – 1 Oct 2022
27 March – 2 April 2022
16 – 22 October 2022
26 March – 1 April 2023