Practical, hands-on course for primary school class teachers interested in teaching playful coding, robotics and algorithmic thinking to their students.
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers working in primary school (class teachers, math & science teachers)
The course is focusing on teaching computational thinking in primary schools on attractive, playful and inclusive manner. It is recommended that each participant will bring their own smart phone or tablet computer, but it is not compulsory requirement. The course has been inspired by two recent ErasmusPlus projects that involved University of Rijeka:
- GLAT: Games for Algorithmic Thinking, https://glat.uniri.hr
- C4G: Coding for Girls, https://www.coding4girls.eu
Main topics of this course
- Methodology for teaching and assessment of computational thinking in primary school
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for teaching Computational Thinking in different countries,
- Responsible and safe use of digital devices in classroom
- Creating interactive learning resources on Computational Thinking for classroom use and deliver them to students
- Designing, planning and composing pedagogical scenarios for teaching Computational Thinking
- Engaging girls in learning coding
- Gamified teaching of Computational Thinking in primary school
Methodology of the course
- Lectures and group discussions. Presenting up-to-date knowledge, concepts, methodologies and examples from different countries
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic, learn from each other.
- Collaborative workshops. Working in groups on a learing scenario, lesson plan or other learning resource to be used in the own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Main organiser / trainer
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us.
- 1 – 7 May 2022, Rijeka Croatia
- 25 Sept – 1 Oct 2022 Rijeka Croatia
- 30 Apr – 6 May 2023 Rijeka Croatia
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing
Fee change coming due to Erasmus prgramme 2021-27