Learn about early science education through play, drama and stories
Short online course
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online now! “Read more”
FOR ONSITE PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Kindergarten teachers / early childhood education managers
- Teachers and headmasters of pre-primary and primary schools for age groups 3-8 years old
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering primary education (age groups 3-8 years old)
- Teachers of talented/gifted children
- Teacher trainers
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
Main topics of this course
- Why early science education is important?
- The aims for early science education
- Playful approaches for early science education
- Supporting interest and positive attitudes towards science
- How to design science learning environments for small children?
- Non-formal learning environments in science
- Insights from Finnish Kide Science practices
Methodology of the course
The course concentrates on learning by doing. The topics are introduced and deepened with interactive group working and workshops. There are practical hands-on science experiments and reflections about small children’s science education practices.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
- Participators are offered with extra possibility to acquire the certificate for Kide Science operations.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
For practical information go to another page
Main organiser / trainer
PhD Jenni Vartiainen
Euneos’ online courses can help schools in pending mobilities.
The course can also be an independent entity of learning with certificate.
The Erasmus + program 2021-2027 offers the opportunity of blended courses for schools that were granted in the Erasmus Call 2021. Thanks to transformation of courses into virtual format, Euneos can also provide blended courses with online components desired by schools.
Orientation 1: Basics of Science Education (5h)
Orientation 2: Science process skills, play, storytelling and drama education (10h)
Integrated training including 10 lessons with children (10h)
Duration: 25 hours of independent work
Session dates: N/A (Independent work)
Trainer: Dr Jenni Vartiainen Price for Euneos clients: 160 € + VAT 38,40 € (normal price 199 € + VAT 47,76 €). VAT 0% when registering with a VAT-number/fiscal code.
Register to this online course by sending email to email@example.com.
Schools whose paid Erasmus+ courses were postponed should inform Euneos admin firstname.lastname@example.org about possible use of their advance payment.
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us.
- 23 – 29 May 2021, Helsinki Finland. POSTPONED. Read more>>
- 31 Oct – 6 Nov 2021, Helsinki Finland. Read more>>
- 22 – 28 May 2022,Helsinki Finland.
- 21 – 27 May 2023, Helsinki Finland.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing
- Fee change due to Erasmus programme 2021-27. Fee for new mobilities from 1 September 2021 on: 660€.