Vocational schools can learn from Finnish competence-based teaching and learning and share their experiences.
A short online course (lead-in) is possible as separate unit, or as a component of blended courses.
Short online course
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online now! “Read more”
Read more about other online courses>>
Let’s learn about Vocational education and training in Finland – Traditional KA1 course on premises
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- School managers of vocational schools
- Educational policy experts and advisers
- Teachers of different subjects from all vocational schools
- Teacher trainers, careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
- Educational consultants, teachers coachers
Main topics of this course
- Curriculum reforms on the national and European level. EQF and ECVET as a basis for Finnish NQF and VET curricula.
- Work organisation of Vantaa Vocational College Varia.
- Competence-based teaching and learning.
- Individual learning paths in VET, options what to study and how to study eg. e-learning, on-the-job-learning etc.
- Evaluation and assessment in VET – Skill demonstration.
- Sharing experiences in groups. How is the knowledge, skills and competences evaluated in your system? ECVET in your country? Making a comparison to Finnish system,
- Student in the center. On-the-job-learning.
- Adult training. Competence –based qualification.
- Finnish vocational teacher. Social status. Qualifications. In-service training.
- School policy plans. Erasmus plus projects and applications. Finding the best practises, comparing the systems and methods throughout Europe. International projects (set up during this course).
Methodology of the course
- General introductions to topics. Lectures, demonstrations, sessions, individual search of information.
- Learning & sharing. Participants learn by following lectures, observing, working ‘hands on’, sharing experiences and expertise about the topics, discussing in sessions and workshops.
- Creating output. Individual or team work on learning diaries, blogs and Social media. Producing recommendations to be used in one’s own school and network.
- Own intellectual outputs by means of learning diary
- Personal guidance on demand.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants. Lunch and coffee/tea and other refreshments can be bought in the cafeteria of the venue.
Click here to read more about:
- Programme: Agenda Vocational in Finland sep2018
- Practical information: go to another page
- Evaluation results: 181024_VocEdu_Eval_Data_All_181024
Short and full online courses
Educational visits and cultural program will be offered to those who have participated in the lead-in unit if they don’t want to repeat the same themes in the on-site course . The lead-in online unit is a bonus. The price paid as a fee is an advance payment for your onsite course fee.
The course can also be an independent entity of learning with certificate.
The Erasmus + program 2021-2027 offers the opportunity of blended courses for schools that were granted in the Erasmus Call 2021. Thanks to transformation of courses into virtual format, Euneos can also provide blended courses with online components desired by schools.
Let’s learn about Vocational education and training in Finland – short online course
The course will:
- provide an insight into and pointers on internationalization in VET
- introduce EQF and ECVET and address their significance to the Finnish NQF and VET
- look into competence-based teaching and learning and curriculum reforms on the national and European level
- tackle evaluation and assessment in VET
What can you expect to get at the end:
- acquire new and further means to reinforce internationalization at your organization
- become acquainted with the instrument for a stable and durable implementation of innovation at your organization
- learn about EQF and ECVET and their significance for VET in Finland and in peers’ countries across Europe
- perceive competence-based teaching and learning
- learn about curriculum reforms in Finland and Europe
- cognize further the evaluation and assessment approaches and methods
Main topics of the lead-in course:
- Topic 1: Developing a School Policy Plan
- Topic 2: International activities in VET
- Topic 3: EQF and ECVET
- Topic 4: Evaluation and assessment in VET
Next short online courses:
2 – 15 June 2021
6 – 17 September 2021
1- 12 November 2021
Round 1: Week 1 & Week 2 in June
2nd and 9th June for synchronous meetings – 13:00 – 15:00 CET
Round 2: Week 1 & 2 in September
6th and 13th September for synchronous meeting
Round 3: Week 1 & 2 in November
Asynchronous: During the rest of the week. Topics corresponding the topics above.
Trainers: Spasia Neshkoska and teachers of Varia vocational college Vantaa Finland
Fee: 160 € + VAT 38,40 €. VAT 0% when registering with a VAT-number/fiscal code.
Register to this lead-in course by sending email to email@example.com or go to registration form.
- Euneos Corp. , PIC 950782555, OID E10124150
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
- 23 – 29 October 2022, Helsinki/Vantaa, Finland
- 22 – 28 October 2023, Helsinki/Vantaa, Finland
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 560 euro
- Administration costs: 100 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- Read more about fee and billing
- Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27
Next short online courses:
1- 12 November 2021