The practice-based course will offer techniques and tools to introduce game-based learning and gamification in your lessons.
Short online course
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online now! “Read more”
Game-based learning & gamification courses on-site
NB! Because of travel/venue restrictions many courses are postponed. Confirmations will be made valid as soon as the pandemic crisis is over and schools want to go on with their Erasmus+ mobilities. Always book flexible flights & accommodation. Online units are launched as an optional start of a number of courses. Consult your NA about funding. Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR ONSITE PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
- Teachers of primary schools, secondary schools and vocational schools.
- Adult education teachers.
- Teachers of special needs .
- Teacher trainers.
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors.
- Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering adult education or vocational education.
Each participant needs to bring his own tablet and/or laptop. We don’t provide computers nor tablets.
Main topics of practice-based course on game-based learning and gamification
- Usability and accessibility of the game based methods
- Advantages and disadvantages game based usages in educational processes
- A range wide of games that can be used covering different content and activities to support learning and communication
- Best practice approaches and practical examples for using game based tools and methods of games & gamification in education in different countries
- Responsible and safe use of game-based learning
- Group sharing sessions to enable applying the social games in their classroom settings
- Designing, planning and writing sample units of lesson plans that deploy the game based methods & gamification approaches
- Know how to use the different features of game based learning & gamification in education
- Know how to choose Serious games for school education
- Learn how to use game based for iPad, Android, Win8 and other mobile devices in learning.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on topics.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on a paragraph to the development plan of one’s own school.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advices for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
- Programme of Game-Based learning course: Programme GBL_2020
The final programme will be published several weeks before the course.
Main organiser: Dr Martin Sillaots
Short online courses can help schools in their pending mobilities. The course can also be an independent entity of learning with certificate.
The Erasmus + program 2021-2027 offers the opportunity of blended courses for schools that were granted in the Erasmus Call 2021. Thanks to transformation of courses into virtual format, Euneos can also provide blended courses with online components desired by schools.
Game-based Learning & Gamification lead-in online course:
17 – 21 May 2021, DONE.
13-17 September 2021
14-17 December 2021
First day 15:00 CET – Introduction online video conference, QnA -2h
Home watching – video about serious games -1h
Home assignment – collect examples of serious games – 1h
Second day 15:00 CET – presentation of serious game examples, QnA – 2h
Home watching – video about game design process and roles – 1h
Home assignment – evaluate your game design related competences – 1h
Third day 15:00 CET – presentation of participant’s background, QnA – 2h
Home watching – video about Ideation – 1hHome assignment – generate idea for a new serious game – 1h
Fourth day 15:00 CET – Presentation of game ideas, QnA – 2h
Home watching – video about Game Concept – 1h
Home assignment – Game concept design – 1h
Fifth day 15:00 CET – Presentation of game concepts, The End – 2h
Duration: 16 hours (5 x 1,5 contact hours + 8,5 hours of independent work)
Session dates: 22 – 26 March, 2021.
Completion to full online course possible on demand.
Full online course: Lead in + completion course (min 36 hrs), 350 €.
The course will be certified by Euneos FI.
If there is an emergency reason ruling out the on-site possibility, finish your mobility in the completion course 17 – 28 May 2021.
Consult Euneos admin email@example.com.
Schools whose paid Erasmus+ courses were postponed should inform Euneos admin firstname.lastname@example.org about possible use of their advance payment.
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find there a link to our enlisting form. Schools that have received a grant, will find there a contact form.
Planned courses (Lockdowns or other traveling restrictions to be noticed. See also online course option.)
- 20-26 March 2022, Tallinn, Estonia.
- 16-22 October 2022, Tallinn, Estonia.
- 19-25 March 2023, Tallinn, Estonia.
- The courses start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday 13.00 (7 days).
- Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro
- Administration costs: 160 euro
- Total fee: 650 euro (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Euneos courses).
- NB! Courses in Finland include 24% VAT
- Read more about fee and billing
Fee change coming due to Erasmus programme 2021-27
Next short online courses:
13-17 September 2021
14-17 December 2021