Original benchmarking courses in schools of Finland and/or Estonia, top performers of European school education, are Erasmus+ KA1 courses with top content, organised by Euneos, the Finnish course provider. Observe lessons, interact with colleagues of your own school level, and contribute to discussion with a ‘success story’ of your own school. Courses include expert presentations and workshops on how to promote European development. Now lead-in course online is available too! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. NB! Online is optional, the normal course on site is the rule.
Now online courses available too! Read more>>
For Special Education in Finland – Benchmarking course, click here>>
Short online course – general
With Euneos, you can start your Erasmus+ course online too.“Click here>>”
Benchmarking on-site courses
FOR PARTICIPANTS: click here for practical information (venue, hotels, transport etc.)
Please check entry to the countries of Euneos venues, read more>>
Always book flexible flights & accommodation.
Thanks to the new Erasmus+ program 2021-2027 online units can be included in KA1 courses. Euneos has a full readiness for online training, read more>>.
If interested in blended courses mention it in your registration or mail directly to email@example.com. Go to registration>>
Choose the Benchmarking course that suits you best. There is a combination of courses available, 4 days in Finland and/or 3 days in Estonia.
(Read more about choosing courses shorter than 7 days. )
- General Benchmarking course, for teachers and management of primary and secondary schools, adult education.
- Benchmarking for headteachers
- Teachers / management of primary and secondary schools
- Staff of institutions involved in school educationAboutprincipals and teachers from all over Europe study school life in Finland and Estonia since 2014 when Euneos initiated Erasmus+ benchmarking courses. They compare school education systems in the target countries and Europe, and learn about the best practices of European schools from experts and colleagues. Many schools send both a principal and teachers. Most participants have assessed the courses very good or good, read more.
Main topics of the general Benchmarking course
- Innovation. School development plans, curriculum reform, 21st century skills.
- Transition from non-digital to digital. Digital tests of Finnish matriculation exam (upper secondary).
- Student in the center. 3-level support system, special needs, home and school.
- Teacher in focus. Digital apprenticeship, coaching, teacher/student agents.
- Management. Local examples.
- (Tallinn) European development in Estonian schools, the most digitalized country, PISA and other international research.
Methodology of the courses
- Information. A general introduction on each of the topics.
- Observation. Participants observe teaching, studying and learning processes in classrooms in small groups or individually.
- Sharing. Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic in group and plenary sessions.
- Creating output. Working individually or in groups on recommendations for one’s own school. Learning diary, social media updates, blogs.
- The course participants will get a Certificate of active participation.
- The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
Accommodation and meals
Participants take care of booking their hotel. Euneos will give advice for hotels in different price categories. Participants are free in choice of hotels and restaurants. Accommodation to be paid directly by participants to hotels and restaurants.
Lunches and coffee are available in the cafeteria of the venue.
Practical information: Click here for Practical Information Helsinki Area December 2019
Program: Click for the provisional program 1-7 Sept 2019
Click for the provisional program 8-14 Sept 2019
The new course programme and practical information will be published several weeks before the course.
Main organiser / trainer
Remark. Courses are divided into two categories, 1) primary and lower secondary school (6-15 yrs) and 2) upper secondary schools (yrs 16-19).
The courses of group 1 will only be for teachers of grades 10-12 (15+ yrs). Also for vocational and adult education teachers. There is no course for grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs) at the same time.
The courses of group 2 will be only for teachers of grades 1-9 (6-15 yrs).
Exception: Benchmarking courses for all school levels are clearly indicated. To avoid misunderstanding consult Euneos admin firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools interested only in Helsinki courses (4 days), or in Tallinn courses (3 days) contact email@example.com too.
Short online benchmarking courses
The Erasmus + program 2021-2027 offers the opportunity of blended courses for schools that were granted in the Erasmus Call 2021. Thanks to transformation of courses into virtual format, Euneos can also provide blended courses with online components tailored together with schools.
Short online course will:
- Support your reflection on your own success
- Accelerate learning with peer learning on the challenges of this academic year
- Transform your teaching in multicultural context, choosing on what you want to take away from Finnish school examples & other EU examples
(LIVE sessions & there will be peer learning, self learning, reflective collective session after the end of the program)
Next short online courses:
13-15 October 2021
17-19 November 2021
Read PDF about lead-in course
1st day 17.00-18.30 (90 min)
2nd day 14th 17.00-19.00 ( 120 min)
3rd day 15th 17.00-19.00 ( 120 min)
The rest of the learning will be self-paced learning & peer learning organized and monitored in Google classroom. Altogether 16 hrs.
Fee: 160 € + VAT 38,40 €. VAT 0% when registering with a VAT-number/fiscal code.
Register to this lead-in course by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP!
Schools whose paid Erasmus+ courses were postponed should inform Euneos admin email@example.com about possible use of their advance payment.
Trainer: Andreea Gatman, Certified Trainer & Coach, MBA in PGM Modul University Vienna.
Apply / Contact
Click here to apply or to contact us. Those who want to apply for KA1 grant and would like to receive our support documents, will find a link to our enlisting form or registration over there. Schools with a grant can register directly for Euneos courses.
Planned courses (Lockdown or other traveling restrictions to be noticed.)
NB! Benchmarking courses 4 days in Helsinki end on Wednesday. Change to Tallinn is on Wednesday late afternoon.
Four days course in Helsinki, 3 days course in Tallinn, read more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personal correspondence.
- 5 – 11 September 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12. DONE.
- 12 – 18 September 2021, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs). DONE. FULL. (Ask for cancelled places, email@example.com)
- CONFIRMED: 10 – 16 October 2021, Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
- CONFIRMED: 24 – 30 October 2021, Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12.
- CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: 28 November – 4 December 2021.
- 24-30 April 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12.
- 1 – 7 May 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
- 8 – 14 May 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. For all school levels.
- 4 – 10 September 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12.
- 11 – 17 September 2022, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
- 16 – 22 April 2023, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers and principals of grades 10-12.
- 23 – 29 April 2023, Helsinki/Tallinn. Only for teachers of grades 1-9 (age 6-15 yrs).
- 7 – 13 May 2023, Helsinki/Tallinn. For all school levels.
Course in Helsinki from Sunday to Wednesday (4 days), in Tallinn from Thursday to Saturday (3 days). Change of fee due to Erasmus programme 2021-27.
Fee for tuition and materials: 490 euro (change after 1.9. 2021)
Administration costs: 160 euro.
Total fee: 650 euro. (10% discount for schools coming with 5 or more participants to Erasmus+ courses of Euneos FI). A separate bill for each course is possible.
Read more about fee and billing
Next short online courses:
13-15 October 2021
17-19 November 2021